Mayor David Briley has proclaimed June 21 Make Music Day in Nashville, and the city’s largest DIY music festival, and its flagship event have been recognized by Metro Nashville Government in a proclamation released this week. Featured artists set to participate in this year’s festival include Chris Scruggs, Fats Kaplin, Aaron Hoke Doenges’s Wade [For River and People], and many more.
This year’s Make Music Nashville schedule features over 130 artists performing in 35 venues across Middle Tennessee. The organization will also donate more than 1,200 instruments and more than 1,500 music lessons to festival patrons, all free and open to the public.
Play-along highlights this year include:
- 6000-person ‘BNA Spoon Jam’ at the Nashville International Airport in partnership with National Museum of African American Music
- 600-flute giveaway and jam with Old Town Trolley Tours
- 100-person ‘Hohner Harmonica Jam at Nashville Zoo
- 100 ‘Beginner Ukulele Workshop’ lessons at CMHOF
- Nashville Label Group Adds 5ive To True Breed Records Imprint - February 25, 2021
- Chris Young Crosses Four Billion Streams Mark - February 25, 2021
- Lori McKenna, Liz Rose, Hillary Lindsey Debut Love Junkies Radio Show - February 25, 2021