Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release Last Man Standing, Willie Nelson‘s new studio album (and 11th for the label), on Friday, April 27.
Arriving just in time for Willie’s 85th birthday (April 29), Last Man Standing will be available on CD, 12″ vinyl LP and digital formats.
Last Man Standing, comprised entirely of songs newly-penned by Willie Nelson (and longtime collaborator and producer Buddy Cannon), is the successor to Willie’s God’s Problem Child, which showcased seven Nelson-Cannon compositions and debuted at No. 1 on the country charts. Nelson and Cannon have been working together since 2008 with Cannon producing more than a dozen of Willie’s albums.
The songwriting duo deploys a unique strategy of shared composition, beginning with back-and-forth text messaging of lyrics with the melodies. On Last Man Standing, Nelson and Cannon’s unorthodox approach generated eleven original songs, “Willie’s a jazz singer and jazz player. He’s an improvisational musician. It’s different every time. Get a good take and go with it,” says Cannon.
Last Man Standing Track Listing
1. Last Man Standing
2. Don’t Tell Noah
3. Bad Breath
4. Me And You
5. Something You Get Through
6. Ready To Roar
7. Heaven Is Closed
8. I Ain’t Got Nothin’
9. She Made My Day
10. I’ll Try To Do Better Next Time
11. Very Far To Crawl
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020