Leadership Music Digital Summit has revealed the finalists for its Dream Project contest. Four projects have been chosen to present to a panel of esteemed judges at the Summit, which takes place next Tuesday, Sept. 10 at Marathon Music Works in Nashville. The winner will receive $1,000 prize money and recognition in MusicRow magazine, as well as ongoing industry support and mentorship to help get their projects off the ground.
– Leigh Fogle, CUREative Content. CUREative Content curates and aggregates art, music and education applications for healthcare facilities and delivers this content to their clients/patients through hospital provided tablets, flat screen televisions, and patients mobile devices. CUREativeContent aims to transform the patient experience by connecting the arts through technology.
– Chad Marcum, Ripple Music. Ripple is a cloud-based platform for interactive music and sound content that engages listeners, empowers musicians, and strengthens the industry of music for today and tomorrow.
– Marc Lempert, Groove Gallery’s “Communication Rock.” Communication Rock is an experiential documentary project that explores the relationships forged between music, the artists, sign-language interpreters and fans that can only experience the music through the interpreters due to hearing challenges. Chronicled during the summer mega rock festival circuit, Communication Rock : The Interpreter Project includes live performances by Pearl Jam, Black Keys, Erykah Badu, Mos Def, Ghostland Observatory and many more.
– Kelsey Kinsel, Salvation City. Salvation City is a company committed to raising awareness of suicide prevention by giving hope through music and distributing educational resources into schools nationwide. A 10-artist compilation album has been pressed and packaged and prize money will go towards marketing. The album creates social change by raising awareness and funds for the cause, but it also continues to pay royalties to the music creators.
The panel that will judge each project includes:
– Marcus Whitney, Moontoast
– Amanda Cates, Spalding Entertainment
– Sloane Scott, Flo Thinkery
– Genevieve Jewell, The Collective
– Voting via Twitter by the Summit audience
Panelists, speakers and judges to be present during the Leadership Music Summit include Christian Jorg, Dave Haywood, Lance Kelley, Karen Blair, Julie Boos, Michael Burcham, Jenn Downs, Dez Dickerson, Randy Goodman, Chuck Fetterly, Andre Gaccetta, Brody Harper, Jeremy Holley and others.
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020