Jake Owen stopped by the CMA offices yesterday (Aug. 27) to thank the staff for their support and present them with a commemorative plaque for sales of over one million career albums. He recently celebrated his fourth No. 1 single, “Anywhere With You,” with a free Nashville concert for a crowd of 20,000.
• Young Entertainment Professionals and the Country Music Hall of Fame have teamed up to present the 2nd Annual Troubadour Society’s “Nightfall At The Hall” on Sept. 12, from 6:30-9:30 p.m. The event, held at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, will include free food and drinks, entertainment, and after-hours access to the exhibit galleries. The Troubadour Society members’ donations go to help support the museum’s educational mission.
• Blackbird Studios’ Blackbird Academy will present a “Beats and Business” Seminar on Sept. 6-8 with Willpower, the producer behind Eminem, Wiz Khalifa, Yelawolf and others, with new pricing, at $750 for the entire seminar. The event will take place in the new 30-seat classroom at Blackbird and each attendee will work on a digital audio workstation powered by an Apple Mac Mini running Logic, Pro Tools, and a Universal Audio Apollo Interface.
Owned by Martina and John McBride, Blackbird Studios’ Blackbird Academy was founded by John out of his love for the audio world to provide a post-secondary education environment. Blackbird Academy offers two programs, Studio Engineering and Live Sound Engineering.
- Industry Ink: Stephen Wilson Jr., Anne Wilson, BMI, ACM - September 21, 2023
- Tauren Wells To Host 54th Annual GMA Dove Awards - September 21, 2023
- Toby Keith Celebrates Solo Writes On New ‘100% Songwriter’ Project - September 21, 2023