Casey James is releasing his self-titled, 19 Recordings/BNA Records debut album today (3/20). “My heart gets fluttery thinking about it,” admits James. “All my life, I’ve wanted to get an album in stores. It will be a huge day.”
James, a former American Idol contestant, co-wrote 9 of the 11 songs on the album including the first single “Let’s Don’t Call It A Night.” He collaborated with some of the top writers in Nashville including Terry McBride, Chris Lindsey, Bob DiPiero, and Brett James. Of writing with those talents, he says, “I’ve learned a lot. These guys are the titans of the writing world, and just the fact that they would agree to meet with me was amazing.”
In addition to writing most of the album, James co-produced the album with Lindsey and played guitar on all the tracks.
James will spend the week crisscrossing the country with performances that include visits to The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Wednesday, March 21 and the fourth hour of the Today Show on Thursday, March 22.
Casey James track listing:
1. The Good Life (Casey James/Scooter Carusoe)
2. Crying On A Suitcase (Lee Thomas Miller/Tom Shapiro/Neil Thrasher)
3. Let’s Don’t Call It A Night (Casey James/Brice Long/Terry McBride)
4. Drive (Casey James/Brad Warren/Brett Warren)
5. Love The Way You Miss Me (Casey James/Brice Long/Terry McBride)
6. Undone (Casey James/Scooter Carusoe)
7. So Sweet (Casey James/Dallas Davidson/Patrick Davis)
8. She’s Money (Casey James/Jaren Johnston)
9. Tough Love (Casey James/Brett James/David Lee Murphy)
10. Workin’ On It (Bob DiPiero/Brandon Kinney/Daniel Tashian)
11. Miss Your Fire (Casey James/Chris Lindsey/Aimee Mayo)