Grand Ole Opry stars Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, Ricky Skaggs, and Steve Wariner will take the Opry stage Tuesday, May 25 to officially launch a months-long celebration of the Opry’s 85th birthday with an all-star guitar jam. As a part of the Tuesday Night Opry, each Opry member will take the stage individually followed by a guitar jam finale featuring the group’s take on some of the most popular songs in Opry history.
The night will signal the start of a celebration that will continue throughout the year as the Opry celebrates its 85th birthday with country music’s most popular artists and biggest fans.
Among the highlights of the celebration launching May 25:
- Two new 20-foot, 3,000-pound steel and aluminum Opry 85th guitars will be unveiled outside the Grand Ole Opry House, officially welcoming visitors to the Opry party. Both fans and superstars will also be invited to sign other oversized guitars on display throughout the landmark birthday year. In addition, larger-than-life Opry 85th décor featuring Opry members including Trace Adkins, Charlie Daniels, Loretta Lynn, and others will cover much of the front façade of the Grand Ole Opry House.
- Opry performances are scheduled for up to four days a week this summer (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday) with upcoming performances by Lady Antebellum, Oak Ridge Boys, Charley Pride, Josh Turner, and more. Opry Country Classics runs Thursdays through June 17 and again this fall at the historic Ryman Auditorium, and Hee Haw alum Mike Snider honors the Opry’s rich country comedy traditions in Pickin’ & Grinnin’: A Grand Ole Comedy Revue on select dates June through October in Studio A at the Opry House. Meanwhile, the popular show, Always…Patsy Cline will return to the Ryman this summer.
- A gallery showcasing some of the Opry’s most memorable moments captured by Opry photographers Chris Hollo and Les Leverett is one of three new exhibits set to open in celebration of the Opry’s 85th in the Grand Ole Opry Museum.
- In celebration of the Opry’s 85th, a who’s-who of celebrities will appear as guest announcers while the show will also launch an I’m With The Band series. I’m With The Band will invite personalities from outside the country world who have an interest in music to sit in with the Opry band for a song on country music’s most revered stage.
- As fans come to Nashville for CMA Music Fest, a June 11 Guitars of the Stars Benefit Auction will give fans the unique opportunity to bid on acoustic guitars decorated by some of country music’s most popular stars including award-winners Luke Bryan, The Judds, and Darius Rucker. Proceeds will benefit the Opry Trust Fund, which has for more than 40 years assisted members of the country music community in need.
The Opry’s 85th Birthday Bash weekend featuring Opry Birthday Shows and an Opry Plaza Birthday Party is scheduled for Oct. 8–9.
For more information call (800) SEE-OPRY or visit opry.com/85.