Suzy Bogguss is embracing a new chapter in her career with the release of a brand new album, Prayin’ For Sunshine.
Prayin’ For Sunshine marks the first time Bogguss has penned an entire album. The impetus for the collection came during the global lockdown in 2020, when she reflected on her journey and felt compelled to share her experiences with her audience. Recorded at her long-time Tennessee home, the album captures the unvarnished essence of southern storytelling and the authentic roots of Americana music.
The tracks range from the heartfelt homage “Paint the Town Blue,” celebrating her hometown, to “Sunday Birmingham,” a road song expressing longing for rest on tour, and “It All Falls Down To The River,” which delves deep into the intricate facets of American history, accompanied by soul-stirring gospel harmonies from the McCrary Sisters.
Along with the new album, Bogguss is also sharing a new cookbook Suzy’s Soup Night with her fans. The collection intertwines recipes with photos, honoring the joyous gatherings that have become emblematic of Bogguss’ life.
Prayin’ For Sunshine Track Listing:
1. “It All Falls Down To The River” (Suzy Bogguss, Doug Crider)
2. “Sunday Birmingham” (Suzy Bogguss, Doug Crider)
3. “It’s Too Late” (Suzy Bogguss, Doug Crider, Pat Bergeson)
4. “Paint The Town Blue” (Suzy Bogguss, Doug Crider)
5. “Cryin’ Over You” (Suzy Bogguss, Doug Crider)
6. “Camille” (Suzy Bogguss, Matraca Berg, Gretchen Peters)
7. “GPS” (Suzy Bogguss, Doug Crider)
8. “We Can Make It Alright” (Suzy Bogguss, Doug Crider)
9. “A Woman Who Cooks” (Suzy Bogguss, Bill Lloyd)
10. “Can You Still See Me Like That” (Suzy Bogguss, Doug Crider)