Music Business Association Names 2023 Bizzy Award Winners
The Music Business Association (Music Biz) revealed the winners of this year’s Bizzy Awards at a special dinner last night (May 17) at the JW Marriott Nashville during the Music Biz 2023 conference.
The event was hosted by Noelle Scaggs of Fitz and the Tantrums and Nashville drag queen Tracey Ottomey. This year marks the second time that nominations for the Association’s awards program were crowd-sourced, allowing the global music business at large to recognize their companies and peers who are making a difference in improving the global industry.
The festivities kicked off during this year’s Music Biz Pre-Awards Cocktail Party sponsored by WMX and ADA, who highlighted social justice organizations creating meaningful change for historically underserved and marginalized communities in Tennessee and beyond. Music Biz President Portia Sabin opened the party by announcing the inaugural Music Business Educator of the Year Award winner, and honoring the Music Biz Scholarship Foundation Class of 2023 and its generous donors.
The 2023 Bizzy Award winners:
– Leading Light Award: Sarah Robertson, A to Z Media
For a company or executive that has supported their staff via internal initiatives aimed at improving mental health & well-being and work/life balance.
– Frontline Innovator Award: D. Tobago Benito, DBS Sounds / F.A.M.S. Coalition
For a retail store who showed exceptional inventiveness and ingenuity in their practices during the past year in their interactions with consumers.
– Music Business Educator of the Year Award: Serona Elton, Frost School of Music – Univ. of Miami
Celebrates a music business educator who inspires students to enter the music business.
– Presidential Award for Outstanding Executive Achievement: Gina Miller, SVP and General Manager, Nashville, MNRK Music Group
– Marketing Superstar Award: Encanto IRL Meta Reels Activation | Disney Music Group and Meta
For a marketing campaign that was innovative and thought provoking. Candidates can be from any sector of the industry, and campaigns can be physical or virtual.
– Master of Metadata Award: Jaxsta
For a company or executive who has made a significant impact in the area of data processing, credit clarification, streamlining or otherwise promoting clean data and best practices.
– Impact Award for Technological Excellence: SoundExchange
– #NEXTGEN_NOW One To Watch Award: Emilio Morales, Rimas Publishing
For an executive under 40 whose work (professional and/or volunteer) has been exceptional, innovative, and stands out as a contribution to the industry.
– Agent of Change Award: Recording Artists and Music Professionals with Disabilities (RAMPD)
For a company that exemplifies a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their hiring practices, executive development, and promotion structure.
- Warren Zeiders’ ‘Pretty Little Poison’ Due In August - June 2, 2023
- Industry Ink: Buddy Jewell, Lee Greenwood, T. Graham Brown, More - June 2, 2023
- Ashley McBryde Turns It Up A Notch On Upcoming LP, ‘The Devil I Know’ - June 2, 2023