The project’s title track is a joyful declaration of unity, reminding listeners that music is what brings us together. It sets the tone for the new album, which explores emotional facets that Jones says “represent every part of [him],” and is a celebration of the highs and lows, the loves and losses, and the starts and ends of life’s experiences. Lacing traditional country sounds of steel guitar, banjo and harmonica with his signature Louisiana hip-hop gumbo, the collection reflects Jones’ ability to uniquely bridge the Block Party and the Barn Dance.
“The album dissects all of me: the turnt up Willie Jones, broken hearted, being a little irresponsible, bringing the party, or just realizing that all of this is a temporary moment in time and I’m growing and hopefully learning,” says Jones.
He recently wrapped his “Sticks And Swamp Tour” with co-headliner RVSHVD, playing the trek’s final night at Nashville’s Exit/In. This summer, Jones will appear at festivals including CMA Fest, GoldenSky and Bourbon & Beyond.
Something To Dance To Track Listing:
1. “Down by the Riverside” (Willie Jones/Jason Afable/Josh Logan)
2. “Something To Dance To” (Willie Jones/Eric Arjes/Cary Barlowe)
3. “I Can’t Complain” (Willie Jones/Curt Chambers/Lamar “MyGuyMars” Edwards/Jared Sciullo)
4. “Lil Vibe” (Willie Jones/Jesse B. Thomas/Aaron Zuckerman)
5. “Slow Cookin'” (Willie Jones/Jason Afable/Phillip Fender/Zak Waters/Hank Williams)
6. “Easy” (Willie Jones/Nick Autry/Eric Olson)
7. “Them Girls Do” (Willie Jones/Nick Autry/Justin Ebach)
8. “Soul Food” (Willie Jones/Jason Afable/Josh Logan)
9. “No Tellin'” (Willie Jones/James McNair/Chris Stevens/Lamar “MyGuyMars” Edwards)
10. “Let’s Be a Love Song” (Willie Jones/Jeffrey Joseph East/JD Walker/Zak Waters)
11. “Get Low, Get High” (Willie Jones/Cary Barlowe/Brandon Day)
- CMA Songwriters Series & Spotlight Stage To Return To C2C Festival In March - December 1, 2023
- Kenny Chesney Adds Three Soccer Stadiums To ‘Sun Goes Down 2024 Tour’ - December 1, 2023
- Crowd Surf Accepting Applications For New Music Apprenticeship Program - December 1, 2023