The MLC Seeking Board Of Directors, Advisory Committee Candidates
The Mechanical Licensing Collective (The MLC) is accepting nominees for Publisher candidates for its Board of Directors and Unclaimed Royalties Oversight, Dispute Resolution and Operations Advisory committees.
Under the Music Modernization Act of 2018 (MMA), certain governance positions at The MLC are reserved for representatives of Publishers. The terms of several Publisher seats on the Board and the organization’s advisory committees are slated to end later this year.
The MLC will submit all recommendations it receives to the Board’s Publisher Nominating Committee for consideration. Elections for the open Board seats will be held this summer. Board and committee members sit for three-year terms and may be re-elected. Seats are filled pursuant to The MLC’s Bylaws.
There is an opening on the Board of Directors for one (1) Publisher representative.
The openings on The MLC’s advisory committees include:
– One (1) Publisher seat on the Unclaimed Royalties Oversight Committee, which recommends policies and procedures to The MLC’s Board related to the distribution of unclaimed accrued royalties
– Two (2) Publisher seats on the Dispute Resolution Committee, which recommends policies and procedures to the Board for the processing of royalties related to works that are subject to disputes over ownership
– Two (2) Publisher seats on the Operations Advisory Committee, which makes recommendations to the Board concerning the operations of The MLC, including the efficient investment in and deployment of information technology and data resources
The MLC’s Board of Directors and committees meet regularly, and all meetings allow for virtual participation such that travel is not generally required. Members are expected to devote sufficient time to prepare for and participate fully in all meetings. More information on The MLC’s Board of Directors and advisory committees can be found here.
Suggestions should be made by May 24. To suggest a candidate for a Publisher representative seat to The MLC’s Board or committees, complete the suggestion form available here.
- Warren Zeiders’ ‘Pretty Little Poison’ Due In August - June 2, 2023
- Industry Ink: Buddy Jewell, Lee Greenwood, T. Graham Brown, More - June 2, 2023
- Ashley McBryde Turns It Up A Notch On Upcoming LP, ‘The Devil I Know’ - June 2, 2023