Jordan Davis Previews New Album ‘Bluebird Days’ At The Bluebird Cafe
There is nary a more appropriate place to preview an album called Bluebird Days than the historic Bluebird Cafe in Nashville.
MCA Nashville’s Jordan Davis did just that last week, filling the intimate room with industry members for an acoustic performance. Alongside his producer Paul DiGiovanni and a few band members, Davis played several unreleased tracks before the album’s release on Feb. 17.
UMG Nashville Chairman and CEO Mike Dungan introduced Davis to the crowd. He prepped the audience by saying Bluebird Days was a “great collection of songs from a great artist who has really arrived.”
And arrived he has.
Davis is on the second week of his latest No. 1 single, “What My World Spins Around,” which is featured on the new record. The hit follows Davis’ 2x Platinum, multi-week No. 1, CMA and NSAI Song of the Year “Buy Dirt,” as well as three other No. 1 songs.
Of the 17-tracks on Bluebird Days, Davis feels that this body of work is his most honest project to date. While the title might seem to reference the Bluebird Cafe, it’s actually pulled from an expression his family member used to describe a period of time characterized by sunny, cloudless weather. The song “Bluebird Days”—written with his brother Jacob Davis as well as Josh Dorr and Chris LaCorte—is actually about his parents’ divorce. Davis says it was hard to include it on the album, but he felt that he needed to open up more to his fans.
Another tear-jerker on the project is “Fishing Spot.” The gorgeous tune talks about the fellowship shared between him and his grandfather while fishing, and the lessons learned at their fishing spot.
“Short Fuse,” a stand-out, really shows off Davis’ self-awareness and vulnerability. It finds the singer-songwriter reflecting on his temper and wishing he had “more burn to his short fuse.” Another stand-out track is “Money Isn’t Real,” one of the album’s two outside cuts. The tune was written by Jake Mitchell, Jameson Rodgers, Josh Thompson and Sarah Turner, and touches on what really matters in life. Spoiler alert: it’s not wealth.
Bluebird Days isn’t all reflective songs. Davis spills out his signature swag on tunes such as the witty “One Beer In Front Of The Other” and the sensual “No Time Soon.” It also includes a fan-favorite track, “Next Thing You Know,” which Davis admitted gets the biggest reaction at shows behind “Buy Dirt.”
Bluebird Days is available for pre-order now and is available everywhere Feb. 17.
Bluebird Days Track List:
1. Damn Good Time (Jordan Davis, Matt Dragstrem, Chase McGill)
2. Money Isn’t Real (Jake Mitchell, Jameson Rodgers, Josh Thompson, Sarah Turner)
3. Tucson Too Late (Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins)
4. What My World Spins Around (Jordan Davis, Matt Dragstrem, Ryan Hurd)
5. Sunday Saints (Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Benjy Davis)
6. No Time Soon (Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins)
7. You’ve Got My Number (Jordan Davis, Jason Gantt, Josh Osborne)
8. Next Thing You Know (Jordan Davis, Greylan James, Chase McGill, Josh Osborne)
9. Fishing Spot (Jordan Davis, Will Bundy, Josh Miller, Josh Thompson)
10. One Beer In Front Of The Other (Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins)
11. Bluebird Days (Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Josh Dorr, Chris LaCorte)
12. Part Of It (Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Matt McKinney, Jordan Walker)
13. Short Fuse (Jordan Davis, Paul DiGiovanni, Josh Thompson, Emily Weisband)
14. Whiskey Weak (Jordan Davis, Paul DiGiovanni, Jamie Paulin)
15. Midnight Crisis – Featuring Danielle Bradbery (Jordan Davis, Paul DiGiovanni, Derrick Southerland)
16. What I Wouldn’t Do (Matt McVaney, Emily Reid, Travis Wood)
17. Buy Dirt – Featuring Luke Bryan (Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins)
Produced by Paul DiGiovanni
- Ashley McBryde Invites Audiences To ‘Lindeville’ At The Ryman For Two Nights - February 20, 2023
- Songwriter & Producer Kyle Jacobs Dies At 49 - February 18, 2023
- Kelsea Ballerini To Make Debut On ‘Saturday Night Live’ - February 17, 2023