Multi-talent Shy Carter is gearing up for the release of his debut EP, The Rest Of Us, due out Oct. 29.
The eight song project showcases his soul-infused country, and includes the rowdy anthem, “Beer With My Friends” featuring Cole Swindell and David Lee Murphy. The track was penned by Carter, Murphy, and Bryan Simpson, and is currently impacting country radio. The project also includes his 2020 breakout single “Good Love.”
“I am so excited to announce this project,” Carter shares. “The Rest Of Us has songs you can play in the club, at a barbecue, on a boat. Sexy songs, inspirational songs and songs that may make you cry–in a good way! It’s a lot of fun, but it’s also got a lot of heart.
“The title track in particular is really important to me,” Carter continues. “It’s about how some people seem to have their lives in order and everything seems to be going well for them, and then there’s the rest of us. There’s the people who struggle, who have pain, who have messed up and have made it this far only by the awesome grace of God. I am one of the rest of us, and I’m so grateful for everything I’ve been through–because now it can all be used to make this amazing music.”
With credits that span Kane Brown’s “Heaven” to Charlie Puth’s “One Call Away,” Carter is one of Nashville’s up-and-coming talents. His writing credits include Billy Currington’s “It Don’t Hurt Like it Used To,” Sugarland’s smash “Stuck Like Glue” and Rob Thomas’ single “Someday.” Carter has also worked with Jason Derulo, Meghan Trainor, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Lopez, Nelly and more.
He is currently sharing a sneak peek of The Rest Of Us at shows across the west coast on Tyler Rich’s “Two Thousand Miles Tour,” which included a recent stop in Los Angeles at the world-famous Troubadour.
The Rest Of Us Track List:
1. Beer With My Friends (feat. Cole Swindell and David Lee Murphy) (Shy Carter, Bryan Simpson, David Lee Murphy)
2. Wild (Shy Carter, David Garcia, Jessi Alexander)
3. Hurry (Shy Carter, Bryan Simpson, Tommy Cecil)
4. Lay You Down (Shy Carter, Nate Cyphert, David Garcia)
5. Hard (Shy Carter, Nathan Chapman, Bryan Simpson)
6. Good Love (Shy Carter, James Slater, Micah Carter, Carlo Colasacco)
7. The Rest Of Us (Shy Carter, Bryan Simpson, Josh Kerr)
8. Rhythm And Blue Jeans (Shy Carter, James Slater, Bobby Hamrick)
- CMA Songwriters Series & Spotlight Stage To Return To C2C Festival In March - December 1, 2023
- Kenny Chesney Adds Three Soccer Stadiums To ‘Sun Goes Down 2024 Tour’ - December 1, 2023
- Crowd Surf Accepting Applications For New Music Apprenticeship Program - December 1, 2023