BBR Music Group/BMG’s Wheelhouse Records’ duo Locash have announced their new EP, Woods & Water, will be available on Nov. 5.
Inspired by each of their childhoods–Chris Lucas grew up in Baltimore on the water and Preston Brust, a preacher’s kid, was raised in Kokomo, Indiana, and surrounded by nature–the EP represents both. With five tracks, each one penned by at least one member of the duo, the collection aims to showcase Locash’s high-energy twang and optimism.
“We can’t wait to share this music! We kept it all on a positive note like we do best, and we collaborated with some bucket list voices and writers. We wanted Woods & Water to be a mini vacation–a getaway,” the pair shares. “Relatable and easy to sing along to, this project hits every feel-good tempo. It’s us. These are the anthems the world needs right now.”
The project’s track list features writers including The Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson and Mike Love on a song titled “Beach Boys,” as well as Nashville tunesmiths such as Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, Ben Hayslip, and Chris LaCorte. Corey Crowder produced the project, with additional production by Clint Lagerberg.
Tallying three Gold-certified career hits, including their 2019 “One Big Country Song,” two No. 1s, two acclaimed albums, and nearly 500 million global streams to their credit, Locash also recently announced their extended global publishing agreement with BMG.
Woods & Water Track List:
1. Beach Boys (Chris Lucas, Preston Brust, Dallas Wilson, Jared Mullins, Brian Wilson, Mike Love)
2. In The Woods (Chris Lucas, Preston Brust, Chris LaCorte, Corey Crowder)
3. Sippin Sunsets (Chris Lucas, Preston Brust, Jason Duke, John Byron)
4. Small Town For Life (Chris Lucas, Preston Brust, Ben Hayslip, Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins)
5. Chillionaire (Preston Brust, Clint Lagerberg, Drew Baldridge)
Tracks 1-4 Produced by Corey Crowder
Track 5 Produced by Clint Lagerberg
- Industry Ink: Luke Combs, Hannah Dasher, Anita Cochran, Autumn Kings - December 8, 2021
- Parker McCollum To Launch NFT Fan Club - December 8, 2021
- Morgan Wallen Adds Dates To Nearly Sold Out ‘The Dangerous Tour’ - December 7, 2021