Aaron Lewis is giving fans a taste of his upcoming new album, Frayed At Both Ends, with his new track “Goodbye Town,” featuring harmonica from Mickey Raphael. The new album is set for release Jan. 28 from the Valory Music Co.
Frayed At Both Ends strips back Lewis’ sound with help from guitarists Tom Bukovac, Biff Watson and Seth Taylor, dobroist Ben Kitterman, acoustic slide and baritone Laur Joamets, keyboards from Jim Moose Brown, and acoustic guitar and mandolin from Dan Tyminski.
The 13-track album includes the previously released CreatiVets-penned “They Call Me Doc,” telling the story about a triage soldier that honors the fighting men and women who’ve been injured and those who care for them. With just an acoustic guitar, Lewis is joined by Tyminiski and Vince Gill for the tribute track.
“Big heartache is part of it,” Lewis says. “Country music takes on the tough stuff, the doubts and the working harder to just stay where you are. Writing with guys like Dan Tyminski, who’s sung on some of my earlier records, Jeffrey Steele, Ira Dean, David Lee Murphy and Chris Wallin all have the same sense of what this is, so I can’t wait for people to get to hear this record.
“This is an album of saying things that need to be said about how people actually live,” he continues. “Life isn’t easy. Most people drink to forget, or drive for hours trying to get away from what they can’t let go of or leave behind. Work takes it out of you. Love falls short or destroys you. Disappointments stack up. But still you have to keep going–and how you do that says everything about the man that you are.”
Fans can pre-order the album now and receive “Goodbye Town,” along with “Am I The Only One,” which spent the 4th of July at No. 1 on iTunes all-genre chart, as well as marked only the ninth song since 1958 to debut at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart.
Frayed At Both Ends Track List:
1. “Again” | Aaron Lewis, Ira Dean, David Lee Murphy
2. “Goodbye Town” | Aaron Lewis, Randy Montana
3. “Everybody Talks To God” | Craig Monday, Chris Wallin
4. “Am I The Only One” | Aaron Lewis, Ira Dean, Jeffrey Steele
5. “Kill Me Like You Love Me” | Aaron Lewis, Ira Dean, Dan Tyminiski, Chris Wallin
6. “Pull Me Under” | Aaron Lewis
7. “Life Behind Bars” | Aaron Lewis, Josh Hogue, Matt McGinn
8. “Waiting There For Me” | Aaron Lewis, Ira Dean, Dan Tyminiski, Chris Wallin
9. “They Call Me Doc” featuring CreatiVets, Vince Gill, Dan Tyminiski | Shaun Bott, Richard Casper, Brian Carper, Jourdan Walker, Johnny McGuire
10. “Get What You Get” | Aaron Lewis, Ira Dean, Dan Tyminiski
11. “Sticks And Stones” | Aaron Lewis, Paul Barber, Matt McGinn
12. “One In The Same” | Aaron Lewis, Trent Tomlinson
13. “Someone” | Aaron Lewis, Paul Barber, Matt McGinn