Country Faith Bluegrass, the 10th installment from the acclaimed series, is available now across all digital platforms via Billy Blue Records. Physical CD copies are exclusively available on CrackerBarrel.com and in Cracker Barrel Old Country Store locations starting Oct. 4.
The project features eight new recordings and six classics performed by some of the top names in Bluegrass, including Dolly Parton‘s never-before-heard version of the old hymn “In the Sweet By and By.” Grammy-nominated producer Jerry Salley and bluegrass favorites Carl Jackson, Larry Cordle and Bradley Walker accompany Parton on the track to sing harmony vocals as a quartet.
Executive produced by Deborah Evans Price, Danny McGuffey and Dottie Leonard Miller and produced by Salley, Country Faith Bluegrass also features The Steeldrivers‘ debut gospel recording, “River of Forgiveness,” written by fiddle player and vocalist Tammy Rogers-King and Salley. Salley also joins Shenandoah lead singer Marty Raybon on “My Future Ain’t What It Used to Be.” Other originals on the album include “Walk with Me,” recorded and co-written by country newcomer Caeland Garner with 2014 and 2018 IBMA Entertainer Of The Year recipients Balsam Range.
Additional new arrangements include “Shall We Gather at the River” by Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, “Rank Strangers” by Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers, and “Drifting Too Far from the Shore” by Darin and Brooke Aldridge.
Country Faith Bluegrass also offers previously released recordings by Patty Loveless and Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill and Charlie Daniels featuring Mac Wiseman and The Whites, as well as bluegrass legends Alison Krauss and The Cox Family, The Del McCoury Band and Dailey & Vincent.
Country Faith Bluegrass Track List:
1. All Prayed Up – Vince Gill from the album All Prayed Up (Vince Gill)
2. In the Sweet By and By – Dolly Parton with Cordle, Jackson, Salley & Walker (Bennett / Webster) ***
3. Shall We Gather at the River – Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver (R. Lowry)***
4. Will There Be Any Stars? – Alison Krauss & The Cox Family from the album I Know Who Holds Tomorrow (E. Hewitt / J. Sweeney)
5. My Future Ain’t What It Used to Be – Marty Raybon & Jerry Salley (Dianne Wilkinson / Jerry Salley) ***
6. By the Mark – Dailey & Vincent from the album Dailey & Vincent (David Rawlings / Gillian Welch)
7. Working on a Building – Dale Ann Bradley ft. The Isaacs (A.P. Carter)***
8. I’m Bound for the Land of Canaan – The Del McCoury Band from the album The Promised Land (Albert E. Brumley)
9. Rank Strangers – Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers (Albert E. Brumley)***
10. Daniel Prayed – Patty Loveless & Ricky Skaggs from the album Mountain Soul (Ralph Stanley)
11. River of Forgiveness – The SteelDrivers (Tammy Rogers-King / Jerry Salley)***
12. Walk with Me – Caeland Garner ft. Balsam Range (Kelly Collins / Caeland Garner / Jerry Salley)***
13. Drifting Too Far from the Shore – Darin and Brooke Aldridge (C. Moody)***
14. Walking in Jerusalem (Just Like John) – Charlie Daniels ft. Mac Wiseman & The Whites from the album Songs from The Longleaf Pines (Bill Monroe)
(*** = new recording)
- Mediabase Reveals 2023 Year-End Chart Stats, Big Loud Lands In First Place - December 8, 2023
- Cooper Alan Among The Pandora Ten: Artists To Watch In 2024 - December 8, 2023
- Kidd G Drops Memory-Packed New EP ‘If We Were A Love Song’ - December 8, 2023