Trace Adkins has announced plans to release his 13th studio album, The Way I Wanna Go, Aug. 27 on Verge Records distributed by ONErpm. Filled with all-star collaborations from Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Pitbull, Melissa Etheridge, Keb’ Mo’, Snoop Dogg, and Stevie Wonder on harmonica, the album’s lead anthem, “Where The Country Girls At,” featuring Bryan and Pitbull, is available now.
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Adkins’ debut LP, Dreamin’ Out Loud, the new project will feature 25 songs that touch on all aspects of Adkins’ career all steeped in the diverse sound of his Louisiana upbringing. Songwriters contributing to the album include Kendell Marvel, Dan Auerbach, Jonathan Singleton, TJ and John Osborne, Randy Montana, Zach Crowell, and many more. The project was produced by Mickey Jack Cones and Derek George, with some production credits going to the late Kenny Beard, a friend of Adkins.
“I don’t know where my place is gonna be when the history of what I did is written,” Adkins says of his 25-year legacy. “But 90 percent of the time, I said what I wanted to say and stuck to my guns and did what I wanted to do… And, this album is as good as anything I’ve ever done.”
Exclusive limited-edition merchandise including a commemorative 25th anniversary personalized platinum plaque, autographed CDs and cowboy hats, and virtual Meet & Greet experiences are available to preorder from Adkins’ official online store.
Adkins has already shared early tracks, like “Empty Chair” and “Heartbreak Song,” from the new album as he looks back on his career which began in 1996. Since then, he’s sold over 11 million albums, charted over 20 singles, earned top awards, and garnered over two billion streams.
1. Where I Am Today – Mark Holman/ Rhett Akins/ Dallas Davidson/ Ben Hayslip
2. Heartbreak Song – Greg Crowe/ Johnny Garcia/ Adam Wood
3. Where The Country Girls At (feat. Luke Bryan & Pitbull) – Monty Criswell/ Derek George/ Michael White
4. Cadillac’n – Kendell Marvel/ Dan Auerbach/ Paul Overstreet
5. Finding My Groove – Dan Smalley/ Casey Beathard/ Houston Phillips
6. Cowboy Boots and Jeans – Jim Beavers/ Lindsay Rimes/ Jonathan Singleton
7. Live It Lonely – Kelsey Hart/ Kyle Schlienger
8. Love Walks Through The Rain (feat. Melissa Etheridge)” – Mickey Jack Cones/ Marla Cannon-Goodman/ Kelly Archer
9. Honey Child – Monty Criswell/ Robert Counts/ Jimmy Ritchey
10. It’s A Good Thing I Don’t Drink – Kerry Kurt Phillips/ Jamie Teachenor – produced by Mickey Jack Cones/ Kenny Beard
11. Jesus Was A Hippie – Monty Criswell/ Randy Montana
12. Memory to Memphis (feat. Keb’ Mo’ & Stevie Wonder on harmonica) – Monty Criswell/ Derek George/ Curt Chambers
13.You’re Mine – Mickey Jack Cones/ Steven Dale Jones
14. The Way I Wanna Go – Barry Dean/ Troy Verges/ TJ Osborne/ John Osborne – produced by Jon Coleman
15. It All Adds Up To Us – Trace Adkins/ Kenny Beard/ Matt Nolan
16. If I Was A Woman (feat. Blake Shelton) – Trace Adkins/ Sherrié Austin/ Jeff Bates/ Kenny Beard – produced by Mickey Jack Cones/ Kenny Beard
17. Got It Down – Craig Wiseman/ Brandon Kinney
18. Careful Girl – Monty Criswell/ Tony Lane/ Brice Long
19. Empty Chair – Lance Miller/ David Frasier/ Lonnie Fowler
20. Cowboy Up – John Pierce/ Tony Lane/ Jordan Walker
21. Somewhere In America – Jon Nite/ Hunter Phelps/ Michael Hardy/ Zach Crowell
22. So Do The Neighbors (feat. Snoop Dogg – Monty Criswell/ Derek George/ Shane Minor/ Calvin Broadus
23. I Should Let You Go – Monty Criswell/ Tim Mensy
24. Low Note – Monty Criswell/ Derek George/ Michael White
25. Welcome To – Craig Wiseman/ Jacob Rice/ James McCormick
- ‘Christmas With Ronnie Milsap’ Sees Holiday Reissue After 35 Years - September 23, 2021
- Willie Nelson Keeps It In The Family On Latest Project - September 23, 2021
- Brandi Carlile, Sturgill Simpson, Black Pumas Win At 2021 Americana Honors & Awards - September 23, 2021