Rising country duo Southerland will release their debut EP, Boot Up, on May 28.
Charleston, South Carolina native Matt Chase and Washington, Georgia’s Chris Rogers met in 2016 through mutual friends and started playing college towns and dive bars together for a few years. They signed to River House Artists/Sony Music Nashville in 2019 as Southerland, and have since shared the stage with Luke Combs, Lauren Alaina, Eli Young Band, Brantley Gilbert, Montgomery Gentry, Craig Morgan, Darius Rucker, Morgan Wallen and more.
Produced by Greg Bates, Boot Up includes previously released singles “Thing Is,” “Little Bit of You” and “Along Those Lines” as well as four all-new songs that showcase the duo’s smooth vocals and traditional country harmonies. The title track for the 7-song project is also out today (May 11).
“With the craziness of 2020, we kept our feet on the gas in the writers room and in the studio,” shares Chase and Rogers of Southerland. “We’re always excited to release new music, but we’re especially excited about this EP. Some of our very favorite songs we have written are on this project.”
Boot Up Track Listing:
1. “Boot Up” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers, Austin Taylor Smith)
2. “Might As Well Be Us” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers)
3. “Came Out of Nowhere” (Jessi Alexander, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers)
4. “Dance” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers)
5. “Along Those Lines” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers, Driver Williams)
6. “Little Bit of You” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers)
7. “Thing Is” (Matt Chase, Greg Bates, Chris Rogers)*
*produced by Trent Willmon
- First-Ever ‘People’s Choice Country Awards’ Airs Live From Nashville [Recap] - September 29, 2023
- Dylan Scott Earns MusicRow No. 1 With ‘Can’t Have Mine’ - September 29, 2023
- 2023 People’s Choice Country Awards Winners – Complete List - September 29, 2023