Country recording artist Gary Allan has announced his long-awaited new album, Ruthless, will be available June 25.
The California native marks his return to the spotlight with a 13 track album produced by Mark Wright, Tony Brown, Greg Droman, Jay Joyce, and Allan himself. Coupled with his unique storytelling, the instrumentation draws from Allan’s deep-rooted influences of the ‘80s and ‘90s.
“This is a montage of everything I have done since my last album,” Allan says. “It’s what I love. I remain influenced by the ‘90s—as well as by the ‘80s. Twenty-six tracks were cut for this album. Then I went back to the studio and recorded three or four more tracks. Then I returned for two more. From each of these many sessions, I stripped out the cool stuff that I wanted on the record.”
Allan made the announcement yesterday (May 6) during a special live stream appearance from House of Blues Studios in Nashville. Allan also gave his fans a first listen to his new music including the lead track, “Temptation,” which is available now along with a brand new merch collection.
In 2016 Allan re-signed with Universal Music Group Nashville, the label home for the entirety of his twenty-four year career. His last album, Set You Free, topped the all-genre Billboard 200 and the Billboard Country Album chart. The album also produced the singer’s fifth No. 1 country radio chart topper with “Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain).” Since Allan got his start in 1996, he has released nine studio albums, been certified Platinum on three back-to-back albums, and been certified Gold five times. He has five No. 1 hits at country radio, 14 top 10 hits to his credit, and amassed over 2.6 billion total streams.
Ruthless Track Listing:
1. Temptation – Nicolle Galyon, Chase McGill and Jon Nite
2. Waste Of A Whiskey Drink – Josh Kear, Michael Hardy and Mark Holman
3. Till It Felt Like You* – Kyle Jacobs, Joe Leathers and Matt Warren
4. Slide – Ross Ellis, Alex Kline and Michael Whitworth
5. Pretty Damn Close* – Gary Allan, Sarah Buxton, Rodney Clawson and Matt Warren
6. High As I’ve Ever Been* – Matt Warren, James Slater and Skip Black
7. What I Can’t Talk About* – Jim Beavers, Lindsay Rimes and Matt Rogers
8. SEX – Nicolle Galyon, Shane McAnally and Matt Jenkins
9. Trouble Knows Trouble – Steve Bogard, Jason Sever and John Edwards
10. Ruthless – Hillary Lindsey, busbee and Ryan Hurd
11. Unfiltered** – Blair Daly, Brad Warren and Brett Warren
12. Little Glass Of Wine* – Jesse Winchester
13. The Hard Way* – Matt Warren and Carey Ott
Produced by Mark Wright and Tony Brown
*Produced by Gary Allan and Greg Droman
**Produced by Jay Joyce
- Nate Smith Nabs First Chart-Topper With Debut Single, ‘Whiskey On You’ - January 30, 2023
- Ross Copperman Makes His Way Into The Top Five On MusicRow Top Songwriter Chart - January 30, 2023
- Weekly Register: Hardy Makes Massive Debuts On Country Albums & Songs Charts - January 30, 2023