Award-winning songwriter and producer Ross Copperman is gearing up for the release of his forthcoming EP, Somewhere There’s a Light On, set for release on Photo Finish Records on May 21.
The shimmery Southern pop flavored project features back-to-back singalongs and Copperman’s ferocious musicality, radio-ready piano, staccato percussion, synths, snaps and smooth vocals, with country’s love of cohesive narratives. “I’ve always liked to write songs to live in any world and not necessarily be too specific to genres,” Copperman said. “It feels like pop has really been influenced by country writing in the last few years.”
Signed initially as an artist to the UK’s Phonogenic Records/RCA in the early 2000’s, Copperman found himself touring, landing syncs on popular shows, and earning success for two releases out of the gate. Relocating to Nashville, he became a student of songwriting, and a respected producer as well, with 29 No. 1 songs under his belt. Now he’s coming full circle with a new release as an artist himself.
Copperman co-wrote Somewhere There’s a Light On with some of his favorite collaborators, including a pair with Ed Sheeran. “I’ve never loved two songs more than ‘Electricity’ and ‘Therapy’ in my life,” Copperman said of the tracks he wrote with Sheeran. “We were pitching them to country artists, and I had this realization: ‘Wow. I think these might be my songs.’ Finding love, becoming a dad, helping other artists find their voice…all of this life I’ve lived has informed my new music. Without those experiences, I’m not sure we’d be here at this moment with these songs.”
Somewhere There’s a Light On Track List:
1. “Not Believe” (Ross Copperman, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Weisband)
2. “Electricity” (Ross Copperman, Ed Sheeran, Johnny McDaid)
3. “Therapy” (Ross Copperman, Ed Sheeran, Johnny McDaid)
4. “Somewhere There’s a Light On” (Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
5. “Holdin’ You” (Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally)
- Jennifer Wayne, Brad Rempel Team For New Design Network Show ‘Flip U’ - August 18, 2022
- Ty Herndon Talks Mental Health On New ‘Soundboard’ Podcast - August 18, 2022
- CRS360 August Webinar To Offer Sneak Peek At CRS 2023 - August 18, 2022