Elizabeth Cook is releasing her new album, Aftermath, on Sept. 11 on Agent Love Records/Thirty Tigers. The lead single from the new project, “Perfect Girls of Pop,” is out today.
The unfettered new project was produced by Butch Walker, and features 12 songs all penned by Cook that address some tough life subjects including heartbreak, addiction, death and resurrection. Created following a period of significant loss and pain, Aftermath chronicles Cook’s journey through a personal hell and how she made her way back.
“This is the first time that I’ve been completely unchained, really,” said Cook. “I wasn’t in an oppressive relationship, I wasn’t trying to meet some sort of label’s expectation, I wasn’t trying to meet some sort of market expectations. And that’s the way I wanna do it, or not at all.”
Along with working on her new music, Cook is also the host of “Upstream with Elizabeth Cook,” a new fishing and interview show on the Opry’s Circle TV network, and has hosted her regular “Elizabeth Cook’s Apron Strings” show on SiriusXM’s Outlaw Country channel for the past 10 years.
Aftermath Track List:
2. Perfect Girls of Pop
3. Bad Decisions
4. Daddy, I Got Love For You
6. These Days
7. Stanley By God Terry
8. Half Hanged Mary
9. When She Comes
10. Thick Georgia Woman
11. Two Chords And A Lie
12. Mary, The Submissing Years
- Neil Medley Shares His Stories On Debut Project, ‘South End Kid’ - September 29, 2023
- Morgan Wallen Adds Multiple Nights In Several Markets For 2024 Tour - September 29, 2023
- Brittney Spencer Slates Debut Album ‘My Stupid Life’ For January - September 29, 2023