Sam Hunt‘s Southside Summer Tour 2020 is the latest tour to be canceled this year, according to a social media post from Travis Denning, who had been slated to open the shows, alongside Kip Moore and Ernest.
“To say the news today has been an absolute bummer would be an understatement,” Denning said via Twitter. “The day I got the call we were on the Sam Hunt tour was one I’ll never forget. I know it’s for the best, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t upset we won’t be singin’ country music all summer. I was so excited to play these new songs. Excited to tear up the country with my band and crew, and excited to write another chapter in this crazy life I’m lucky to live. Y’all stay safe, and I promise that when we get back on the road, it’ll be bigger and better than ever. Love y’all.”
CID Entertainment—which crafts top-shelf VIP packages for artist tours—also issued a statement that the tour has been canceled. Meanwhile, Live Nation’s official site lists nearly every show on the tour as being canceled as well, with a select few being rescheduled.
Hunt’s Southside Summer Tour 2020 was set to launch July 10 in Maine and conclude Oct. 10 in Georgia. Neither Hunt nor Moore have made public statements about the tour’s cancellation at this time.
The news follows announcements of tour postponements or cancellations from Reba, Thomas Rhett, Lady Antebellum, Chris Stapleton, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Maren Morris, and more over the past few weeks.
The tour takes its name from Hunt’s recent chart-topping album Southside, which includes singles such as “Kinfolks” and his most recent “Hard to Forget.”
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020