The Country Music industry and CMA are celebrating Country Music Month with events and activities designed to heighten awareness of the format leading up to Country Music’s Biggest Night, The 46th Annual CMA Awards, on Thursday, Nov. 1.
Nashville Mayor Karl Dean issued a proclamation from the city citing the important role and meaningful impact of the Country music industry on Nashville’s economy and reputation as a center for the entertainment business and global tourism. Country Music Month was also recognized by Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam, who stated in the proclamation: “I Bill Haslam, Governor of the State of Tennessee, do hereby proclaim October 2012 as Country Music Month in Tennessee and encourage all citizens to join me in this worthy observance.”
As part of the Country Music month celebration, the popular CMA Songwriter Series will take place at Joe’s Bar in Chicago on Oct. 24 and Joe’s Pub in New York City on Oct. 25. Both shows feature feature Sunny Sweeney, Kendell Marvel, Leslie Satcher, and host Bob DiPiero.
The CMA Songwriters Series will also return to Nashville on Wednesday, Oct. 31 (9:00 PM/CT) at Marathon Music Works for a show featuring Kristian Bush, Brantley Gilbert, and host Bob DiPiero. For more information on the CMA Songwriters Series, visit CMAsongwritersseries.com.
“CMA’s mission is to advance Country Music around the world,” said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer. “And Country Music Month is another tool for reaching consumers who embrace our artists and the format culminating with the live broadcast of the CMA Awards.”
CMA events and industry activities planned for the October include:
• Return of the CMA SRO Awards, honoring members of the touring industry, on Oct. 9
• CMA Songwriter Series events in Chicago (Oct. 24), New York (Oct. 25), and Nashville (Oct. 31)
• Private reception for the 2012 CMA Awards nominees
• CMA Channel for Country Music Month on iHeartRadio
• The 87th birthday celebration of the Grand Ole Opry
• Awards banquets for Nashville performing rights organizations
• CMA giveaways and more featured on CountryMusicMonth.com