In her upcoming album, Lady & Gentlemen, LeAnn Rimes puts a feminine twist on songs previously recorded by male artists. Slated for release Sept. 27, Rimes covers country artists such as Waylon Jennings, George Jones and Merle Haggard.
“This album was born out of the memories of when I first fell in love with country music and in reflecting, I realized that almost all of my favorite country songs from back then were sung by men,” says Rimes. “I am honored to take a step back in time and sing these songs from a woman’s perspective and hopefully help reintroduce them to a new audience.”
For those who want a first listen, the album will stream online 48 hours prior to its release at www.LeAnnRimesWorld.com. The album is also available for pre-order through iTunes.
Lady & Gentlemen will also feature several bonus tracks along with two new songs, including “Give.” Rimes recently performed the televised debut of the song on the finale of America’s Got Talent.
“‘Give’ is a song with a message about how if we want love, kindness and happiness in our lives, then we need to give some of that back,” Rimes says. “I believe that message needs to be shared with the world.” Rimes blogs about the life-changing experience of shooting the music video for “Give” here.
Lady & Gentlemen tracklist:
1. Swingin’ (originally recorded by John Anderson, released in 1982)
2. Wasted Days And Wasted Nights (originally recorded by Freddy Fender, released in 1975)
3. Only Mama That’ll Walk The Line (originally recorded by Waylon Jennings “Only Daddy That’ll Walk the Line”, released in 1966)
4. I Can’t Be Myself (originally recorded by Merle Haggard, released in 1970)
5. 16 Tons (originally recorded by Tennessee Ernie Ford, released in 1955)
6. Help Me Make It Through The Night (originally recorded by Kris Kristofferson, released in 1970)
7. Rose Colored Glasses (originally recorded by John Conlee, released in 1978)
8. Good Hearted Woman (originally recorded by Waylon Jennings, released in 1972)
9. When I Call Your Name (originally recorded by Vince Gill, released in 1990)
10. He Stopped Loving Her Today (originally recorded by George Jones, released in 1980)
11. Blue (originally recorded by LeAnn Rimes, released in 1996)
12. Bottle Let Me Down (originally recorded by Merle Haggard, released in 1966)
13. Crazy Women (bonus track – original new song)
14. Give (bonus track – original new song)